Sunday, August 9, 2009

The Walls Came Tumblin' Down!


Ole Roy McAvoy sums it all up for me this weekend! My round leading up to the Reunion Cup began slow with three consecutive 6's. I was really worried heading to #4, only to rebound with an 46 on the front 9. Yes, I was disappointed with the 46 on one hand, yet happy that I was able to bear down and recover. However, my giddiness was short lived. Following a bogey on the par 5 10th hole, my game went straight into the crapper! 9's began to show up on the score card, only to followed by 7's and 6's! Yes, my swing fell apart. Was the heat a factor? Hell yes! Did I lose focus? Of course! Am I anxious to being the grind of the Reunion Cup? Without a doubt! What was once lost may be found!
I realize that there are a few small tweaks that might need to be made. Nothing drastic mind you. I can assure you that I will be prepared this Friday for round #1 to hammer Gayson and Choke! As for you Cupcake, you may want to hold off on uncorking that bottle of bubbly!

1 comment:

Right Wing Drew said...

Good to hear you're not beating yourself up over nine bad holes. I think this year's Cup will be the tightest ever. If 46 is the highest number at the turn on day 1 we will have pressure that we've never had before as we make the turn.