Sunday, August 1, 2010

No Day At The Beach


Welcome to August! We only have 19 days until the first shot is fired at the 2010 Reunion Cup! For some the Cup could not get here quick enough. For others, 19 days is not nearly enough time! Today Scott and Nick played a tune up (or tune down) round together at Flat Creek Country Club in Peachtree City, Ga. Both players came in feeling good about their strides thus far. However, both left with serious questions regarding their games. Before we dive into the story here, I must give a quick footnote: Neither player hit a single range ball today. Nick overslept and Scott went to the wrong course! Yes, dumb asses both!

Scott entered today's round filled with excitement and anticipation! He said, "I really like where my game is right now. I feel like all of the range time has improved my swing tempo and ball striking. I see a solid round in the 80's." Oh, how wrong he was! He stepped out of his truck, onto the first tee, and simply did not have it on the front 9. A bogey on 1, a bogey on 2 and then the fun began. 3 triples with a 10 mixed in brought his day to a crashing halt! He found more bunkers today than he has seen all summer! It was not all bad, though. He managed to finish his final 6 holes with 4 pars and a bogey. "This was no day at the beach! I am extremely disappointed in my performance today. I was just never 100% mentally in it. I was close to pulling a Gayson and throwing in the towel. But then I dug down, put some great swings on the ball and hung up some pars. I know I have more talent than I showed today. I just need to put in some more work." Unfortunately for Scott, there are not too many work days left!

As for Zen, he put fought hard. Just like he always does. He started the day with back to back pars, but just never really seemed in control of his chi. Nick's search for his chi often lead him right into the rough and woods. While not finding his chi, he did find his ball, avoiding penalty strokes. Heading onto the 9th tee box Nick said, "I really have not played great, but if I par here I can steal a 42! And I mean STEAL a decent side here!" We all know what happens next. Yep, a big number. Penalty stroke off of the tee box, a crappy second, a crummy chip into the bunker...well, you know the drill. All those swings = 12. At the turn we caught up the Zen, "I am not certain what my sensei was doing during our Golf Knowledge Transfer Session, but I will not go back! I can find my own path. And I do not have my Zen today! I am uncertain if the zen comes to me, or if I have go get my zen." Well, today there was no zen for Mr. Primm. He plugged along on the back 9, par, double bogey, bogey, par, double bogey. It was not ugly, nor was it pretty!

All in all, these two guys may not mount much of a threat during the Cup! Could be a run away win for Notre Dame. Gayson will likely take 3rd place in a route this year. Who knows? This could be the ugliest Cup in history! We had a guest reporter following today's round as well. He has video footage to add, in addition to his insights. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Notre Dame said...

That right there is funnier than a butt on a rattlesnake.

Skeptic Dawg said...

Thank you Larry The Cable Guy!